A Guide to Your Graduation Project

Hazel Roane

Attention, upperclassmen! Be sure to allow enough time to plan and submit your Graduation Projects, from proposal to presentation.

Hazel Roane, Staff Reporter

Calling on all juniors and seniors! The spring season is an ideal time for planning and completing your graduation projects.

The Downingtown Area School District requires all students to have a project completed before the end of their senior year. Completing your project also allows students special access to junior and senior proms. Not only will you be giving back to your community, you will also have the opportunity to open up new doors that can help prepare for the future.

Information can be found with your school guidance counselor and in the main office. Volunteering ideas are available on the West College and Career Center Schoology page. Students can choose any project as long as it is a nonprofit method that solely supports the community. A minimum of 40 hours are required, although students are free to exceed this threshold. Mr. Brian Hassel, a woodshop and publications teacher at West, will be the one to approve your proposal and review your project.

West wishes you the best of luck and awaits to see your awesome work!