Lady Whippet Lax: A Season-in-Review

LifeTouch Photography

Huddle up! The team huddles together to set the stage for the start of the second quarter during their game against Shanahan. West ultimately came out victorious.

Bailey Straub, Staff Reporter

The West girls’ lacrosse team had a great season despite all of the challenges they faced along the way. Their record for the season was 14-3, which reflects how great of a season they had. The girls made it to the second round of playoffs, sadly losing to Great Valley with a score of 11-7. Their coaches pushed them to do their best through morning practices, town runs, conditioning, and words of encouragement. 

A lot of the team’s success can be attributed to the wonderful group of seniors that they had on their team. Sophomore player Lainey Straub says, “We had a really good season, led by our seniors, Bryn Rochon, Aliza Thir, Kate Olson, Chloe Morgan, Caelan O’Connor, and Kara Long. They were able to come back after a really difficult year and a half and it was great to be a part of.” The class of 2021 girls lacrosse players will be missed greatly 

The team is excited for their summer clinic for younger kids in the district and they are excited to get back on the field this fall for “Fall Ball.”  Lainey Straub shared: “We are pumped to prepare and practice to ensure that we have an even stronger season next year.”

Congrats to the lady Whippets on a great season!