Once Upon a Time: Giving New Life to Childhood Hand-Me-Downs

Giving new life to childhood hand-me-downs, Once Upon a Child is a consignment shop in Exton dedicated solely to childrens goods.

The Mercury

Giving new life to childhood hand-me-downs, Once Upon a Child is a consignment shop in Exton dedicated solely to children’s goods.

Emily Hacker, Staff Reporter

Have you ever thought about what to do with all of the old stuff you had as a child? Try selling it to Once Upon a Child.

Once Upon a Child sells gently used kids items, and they will buy it off of you for consignment in their shop.  They accept clothes, shoes, equipment, books, and toys. These are also the items that they sell.

Once Upon a Child is a small business located in Exton, PA. They are open every day, Monday through Saturday from 9:30-8, and Sunday 11-6. The store and its staff are being extra cautious during the pandemic. They sanitize, they have social distancing signs located around the store, and they require masks inside of the store at all times.

During the COVID-19 pandemic, it is especially important to support small local businesses, and Once Upon a Child is an independently-owned franchise location. Maddie Scalea (‘21), a fellow West student and an employee said, “This is a beneficial business for the community because it provides people with a unique experience.”

Once Upon a Child provides a fun and friendly atmosphere and it is a place worth checking out.  Consider earning some extra money and giving new life to your childhood hand-me-downs by supporting this local business.

Visit their website for more information.