Class of 2020: Clash of the Classes Champs!

Catie Modica

Victorious! The seniors react upon a big win at Clash of the Classes.

Catie Modica, Staff Reporter

On Thursday, March 5, 2020, the students of Downingtown West gathered in the Wagner Gym for an all-out competition to see which class is the best class.

The competition started off with all four classes competing against each other in the Toilet Paper Tornado event. The senior class came out victorious and with ten points after the first event. The junior class came in second, sophomore class in third, and the freshman class came in fourth.

The next event was the Ball on a Spoon relay race, with once again all four classes competing against each other. It was a close call for first place, but the seniors pulled it off once again, with the juniors in second, freshmen in third, and sophomores in fourth.

The next event after that was Sling the Chicken, where the seniors, juniors, and sophomores all tied with 2 out of 3 and the freshman got 1 out of 3.

The next event was the Wheelbarrow relay race, and the juniors finished in first place, seniors in second, sophomores in third, and freshmen in fourth.

The second to last event of the evening was Dizzy Bats, which involved each participant spinning around a baseball bat and then trying to run race. It was a very close call with the seniors leading throughout the event up until the last person when the juniors pulled through right at the end.  The seniors still came in first place, due to a call that the juniors had not completed their amount of turns around the bat, knocking them down to second place. Sophomores came in third, and freshmen in fourth.

The final, and most anticipated, event was the tug of war. First, the freshmen girls went up against the sophomores, with the freshmen coming out victorious. Next was the junior and senior girls, with the juniors winning. Next, the sophomores faced the seniors, with the seniors winning. Then the freshmen face the juniors, with the juniors winning once again. Next was the freshmen boys faced the sophomore boys, with the sophomores winning. Then the junior boys and senior boys, with the senior boys winning. Next, the freshmen faced the juniors, with the juniors winning. And finally, the sophomores faced the seniors, with the senior boys winning.

After everything was tallied, with attendance included, the freshmen had the least amount of points with the least amount of students, then the sophomores, then the juniors took second place, and the seniors won the competition for the second year in a row, by two points.

Clash of the Classes resulted in the seniors coming out on top as the best class!  Congrats to the Class of 2020 on their second consecutive win!