West’s Ski and Snowboard Club Hits the Slopes!

Courtesy Leah McHoul

Hitting the Slopes! Ski and Snowboard Club member Leah McHoul ('21) Is proud to be part of the club!

Sailor Anderson, Staff Reporter

Want to join a fun and exciting club at Downingtown West? Join the Ski and Snowboard Club!

The West Ski And Snowboard Club is a great opportunity for students to engage with each other and learn a new skill.

An Interview with club member Leah McHoul (’21) tells us what it’s like to be part of Ski Club.

Q: Why did you join the Ski and Snowboard Club?
A: Snowboarding is fun and why not do it with the school and its good for a resume.

Q: What do you do in Ski and Snowboard Club?
A: You come to the school really early, get on the bus to drive to the place, and then you go snowboarding all-day. If you get hungry you can get something at the lodge.

Q: What days does the club meet and how many trips does the club participate in?

A: Saturdays and it depends on the number of people that go because we are kind of short on people, but besides the Vermont trip, I think it was only 3. If more people were to join the club then there would be more trips to go on.

Q: Does it cost anything to be part of this club?
A: Yup, I don’t know the exact amount, but I think it was about $70 per trip. Skiing and snowboarding is a really expensive sport, but the trip to Vermont is a little more.

Another member of the Ski and Snowboard had this to say about the upcoming season: “The club might be canceled because of not enough people participating in the club. Anyone can join and make some new friends and go on fun trips.”

If you’re interested in skiing or snowboarding come join Ski and Snowboard Club because you don’t only come for the experience, but they can also teach you to ski and snowboard.

If you don’t have any experience with skiing or snowboarding, you are still welcomed and able to learn. If you are interested in trying something new and making new friends, join the Ski and Snowboard Club! Help out and join so more trips can become available!