French Club at West

Back to Article
Back to Article

French Club at West

Bonjour! Join the French club at their meetings to explore French culture, food, and language.

Ashlyn Brown, Staff Reporter

Downingtown West High School offers a variety of fun and interesting clubs at various meeting times so every student can find at least one in which to participate, and one club is offering all students the opportunity to broaden their world knowledge.

If you want to learn more about France, their unique culture, and even sample French food, you should join the French club. They meet a couple of times a month after school or later in the evening in the Downingtown West French room.

The French club offers a fun, educational experience for everyone.  Members play games popular in France, learn interesting facts about France and its history, and, if you take French, it is a fun and interesting way to help improve your grade.

“It helps you understand more about the culture… the club gives people a taste of what French students do in French schools,” says Adrien Wilson (‘20), a member of the French club.  “Not only do you play fun games and complete fun activities, but you also get to eat some delicious food while celebrating the French holidays.”

You can learn more about French club by speaking to Mme. Bigelow in the World Languages department.

J’espère vous voir à la prochain réunion du club français!  (Hope to see you at the next French club meeting!)