Farmhouse Coffee: A Student Review

The rustic decor suits Farmhouse name, and its cozy decor will welcome you as a customer time and time again!

Farmhouse Coffee

Sophie Linsalata, Staff Reporter

The Farmhouse Coffee and Espresso Bar is a fairly new coffee shop right in the Borough of Downingtown. When you walk in you see an open layout complete with barn beams and rustic decor, making it feel like you are quite literally in a farmhouse. My first time visiting Farmhouse, the part of the cafe that drew my attention immediately was the cozy fireplace in the corner and the surrounding oversized plush chairs.

The farmhouse offers free wifi and a quiet environment for students and/or adults to get some work done while enjoying a handcrafted latte. This brings me to the most important part: the menu. Lattes, cappuccinos, espresso, hot chocolate… you name it, the Farmhouse (probably) has it. Their selection may not be as wide as Starbucks or Dunkin, but they carry all the essentials including various baked goods.

Let’s talk prices; I think they’re pretty fair. All of the beverages are between 2 and 5 dollars depending on the intricacy of your order. I talked to a customer who  agreed that the prices are fair for the quality of the drinks. I also interviewed another adult customer and asked why they enjoyed coming to Farmhouse. She responded with “It’s a great place to get work done and grab a cup of coffee. The environment is cozy and the workers are always friendly!”

It sounds like the perfect combination to me!

Check out Farmhouse Coffee and Espresso here or visit them at 115 West Lancaster Avenue.

Farmhouse Coffee