Cross Country: Off to Districts We Go!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Cross Country: Off to Districts We Go!

You go girls! D-West Varsity Cross Country takes 2nd place at Ches-Monts last Friday, October 14th.

Hannah Craig, Staff Reporter

Downingtown West Cross Country has been busy at work this season! They already have nine meets under their belts. Their last meet was Monday, October 14, 2019. This meet was held at Unionville High School. Our Whippets on Boys’ Varsity came in 8th overall in the 5000-meter race, while the girls’ varsity came in 2nd overall in the 5000-meter race.

While Varsity was running its course, JV was, too. With Boys JV in 2nd and Girls JV in 1st, I’d say it was a pretty good meet all the way around for the Whippets. West Cross Country has two more meets to take on; next, they are headed off to Districts on Friday, October 25, 2019, at Lehigh University

Cross Country is great exercise and a great way to meet new people who are interested in the same thing you are. “It’s a great way to get out and connect with your inner self and others around. You work on yourself every day to become a better version for you and your team,” said varsity runner Ashley Cichon (‘20). It is an amazing activity to participate in it keeps the blood flowing all while making friends.

We will keep you updated on what happens next in reference to the cross country team.  Stay tuned for more updates on this amazing team.  Good luck to everyone competing in the upcoming meets. Go Whippets! W-E-S-T!