Marsh Creek Lake: A Great Place for Boat Rentals!

Marsh Creek is a beautiful Downingtown destination for summer activities and fun!

Kaitlyn Lohr

Kaitlyn Lohr, Staff Reporter

Marsh Creek has always been the fun destination spot for students and families to go to over the summer.  The park offers so many recreational options, from fishing to sailing to rowing.  You can either bring your own watercraft or they have their very own rental site to help you out if you want to just take a day trip there. There are also all sorts of hiking trails to go on with your friends or family to explore more of the nature Marsh Creek has to offer.  The park even has on its grounds big fields of grass so that you can lay out and tan or just hang out with friends and talk.    There is also a horse farm on one side of the lake that you can pet some horses if you choose.

For rent, the park offers have rowboats, canoes, kayaks, sailboats, and paddle boards; they even have lake tours throughout the summer. There is also the option to grill and have a picnic at the creek with families.  If you already own a boat you can dock it there for a price or bring one yourself for the day to take out on the water. There are also options for camping farther down the road in Downingtown along with some horseback riding.  If you’re in the mood for a treat, the park has a little shop to get snacks and ice cream for a hot summer day. Marsh Creek has a lot of options to make your summer great.

Check it out today!