Restaurant Review: First Watch

Back to Article
Back to Article

Restaurant Review: First Watch

The food is always fresh and served picture perfect.

Trip Advisor

Trip Advisor

Trip Advisor

Claire Calabro, Staff Reporter

Found in the bustling hub of Exton, First Watch is a quiet and delicious place to stop for brunch. The farmhouse theme of this restaurant perfectly matches its farm fresh food and gracious service. The extensive menu features breakfast and lunch options served at any time within their hours of 7 am to 2:30 pm. First Watch is equipped with free wifi and comfortable booth and table seating with an open layout that makes everyone feel at home.

The menu at First Watch has something for everyone. In addition to a rotating seasonal menu, they offer pancakes, french toast and all kinds of eggs. There are superfood options such as avocado toast or oatmeal. Eggs can come in almost any form, from a sandwich to tacos to a classic Benedict — not to mention the options for omelets and frittatas. The French toast and pancakes can be covered in fresh fruits, chocolate chips, or just butter and syrup.

If breakfast isn’t your thing, First Watch also has salad and sandwich options. They even offer a veggie or turkey burger.  The menu is completed by their side options of bacon, soups, potatoes and more. Each table is also given a pot of coffee and additional beverages or other coffee drinks can be ordered.

First Watch also gives back. They are partnered with No Kid Hungry and help support feeding children across America. First Watch donates a part of their proceeds from their kid menu sales to the organization. They have currently donated more than $700,000 equaling more than 7 million meals for children. Customer Selina Siafa (’19) says, “It makes me feel good to know I can help people while barely doing anything.” The restaurant also supports their employees. They have programs to help their workers graduate from high school or college. They also offer programs to give money to their employees or help them save for their education. This all goes with their You First philosophy. This philosophy means they want to put their employees and customers happy for the best all-around experience. First Watch is a fantastic place for every community.

You will always feel welcomed and right at home when eating their amazing food.