A Night at the Movies — Avengers: Endgame

Back to Article
Back to Article

Marvel

Marvel

Marvel

Laura Sarafinas, Staff Reporter

On April 25, the highly anticipated Avengers: Endgame hit theaters and immediately broke box office records. In the US, it set the record for top Thursday preview gross at $60 million. The movie, the 22nd in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, takes place following the events of Avengers: Infinity War, which was released early spring of last year.

Following the devastation of the disappearance of 50% of the world’s population, the Marvel heroes who remain are faced with the heartbreak of their reality. In an attempt to change time and bring back those who vanished, sacrifices are made. New obstacles arise, but the Avengers are willing to do whatever it takes.

Despite the three hours and one-minute duration of the film, sophomore Sierra Kohute says, “I wouldn’t have minded if it were even longer. The movie was great and I would see it ten more times!” There were moments in the film of comedic relief and heartfelt conversation shared between characters, and audiences across the world clapped, cried, and cheered as they watched their Avengers on screen.

The ending was by far the most intense and enjoyable part of the movie and definitely lived up to the hype. The Russo Brothers have done it again, directing one of the most thrilling movies of the year for Marvel fans everywhere!