Spring LINK: Pretty in Pink!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Spring LINK: Pretty in Pink!

Pretty in pink! This year's spring LINK trip poses for a group shot at Camp Conrad-Weiser.

Ms. Farnesi

Ms. Farnesi

Ms. Farnesi

Kayla Boileau, Staff Reporter

Over the weekend of April 5 to April 7th, another round of students had the honor to get LINKed through West’s LINK program (Leaders Involved in Networking Kids).

The organization is a great way to get several different students to experience a weekend together. Along with students from each grade a handful of teachers were picked to help lead and guide the LINK trip.

The weekend helped many people that would have never really talked to truly get to know each other. Ten senior leaders helped guide the weekend while giving a sense of leadership to the trip. One of the senior leaders, Gigi Carlucci, says that  “Going from the first trip to the second time was so different because the first time it was all about about [myself], while the second trip was about seeing the growth and watching the process spark within the new students.”

This organization allows high school kids to learn life skills and leadership qualities that they can bring back to Downingtown West. This year’s spring trip gets to represent LINK with their pink shirts!

If you want to participate in the LINK community, monthly breakfasts and community meetings are held on the second Tuesday morning and afternoon of each month.  Talk to Ms. Farnesi (Guidance), Dr. Simmons (Learning Support), or Mrs. DiSantis (Science) for more information!