Winter Choral Concert Recap

One of West's many talented choral groups takes the stage at the winter choral concert.

Grace McCain

Grace McCain, Staff Reporter

On December 7th, Downingtown West had its cheerful and joyous chorus concert. Each choir sang their songs beautifully.

Masterworks and Bel Canto started off the concert with two beautifully sung songs, “Tidings of Joy” and “I Wish You Christmas.” Following them, Concert Choir I took the stage to perform two songs, “Shalom, My Friends” and “Somewhere in My Memory,” easily recognizable from the Home Alone soundtrack. “Somewhere in My Memory” featured one of West’s talented students, sophomore Miles Liechty, accompanying the group on piano.

Next, Concert Choir II took the stage to sing two festive songs, “As Long As There’s Christmas” and “Feliz Navidad,” with three wonderful soloists, Claire Fox (’21), Rachel Schneberger (’21), and Bella DeCola (’21). Following the talented Concert Choir II, D-West A Cappella walked on stage to flawlessly sing “That’s Christmas to Me.” Women’s Choir followed them, singing “Carol of the Bells,” a crowd favorite, and “White Winter Hymnal.”

After a short intermission, Men’s Choir came to stage to sing “Bonse Aba” and to make everyone laugh with “The Restroom Door said ‘Gentlemen.'”  Masterworks and Bel Canto reappeared to sing “Ave Generosa” and “Run Mary, Run” with wonderful soloists Krista Devane (’19), Jolie Lloyd (’20), and Zoe Sohenick (’21), with Cameron Crawford (’19) on percussion. Following the truly stunning performance by Masterworks and Bel Canto, Vocal Ensemble took to the stage. The Vocal Ensemble sang “The World For Christmas” and an unbelievably beautiful version of “Hallelujah” with soloists Charlie Norwood (’19), Andrew Zaayenga (’19), Avery Meier (’19), and Grace Kercsmar (’19) leaving everyone speechless.

To conclude the show, all the choirs and some Downingtown West alumni joined together to sing “Joy to the World.” This year’s Holiday Concert left everyone excited to see the spring concert. Congratulations to all performers!