Mr. West Pageant Set for April 19th

The boys of Mr. West strike a pose at one of their many rehearsals.

Eleni Bandy, Staff Reporter

Downingtown West High School, in partnership with Student Council, will host its annual Mr. West competition on Thursday, April 19th at 7:00pm.

Mr. West is a male beauty pageant for senior boys, and this year’s event will include an introduction video, an opening dance, a Q&A session, a formal wear portion, a swimwear portion, and a talent section. This year, the senior contestants are: Alec Wilson, Andrew Sharpless, Nick Mangine, David Cospito, Will Barbera, Aaron Maio, Nick Johnbosco, Jordan Young, Eric Damiano, and Calder Sellen. This year’s theme is Cartoon Characters, and the audience will see many come to life as Kim Possible, Fat Albert, Charlie Brown, the Ninja Turtles, Shaggy, Peter from Family Guy, and more take the stage!

Contestant Aaron Maio gave an inside look at what goes on behind the scenes of Mr. West. Although he “[has] no idea” why he signed up for it, he wants the students of Downingtown West to come watch the competition and discover “the true nature of West boys.” Tickets are $5 and will be sold at lunches leading up to the competition as well as at the door on the night of the show.  Proceeds from the show will go to a charity of the winner’s choice.

Currently, the contestants are learning their opening dance and preparing for the big night with the help of Student Council members, choreographers, and stage crew. Be sure to come out and support the boys of Mr. West and their chosen charities on April 19th at 7 pm!